Chasing trading opportunities intraday-through-a-few days can be fun, and we have that kind of fun in my LIVE Trading Room, but the meat of returns is in the holding: positioning for a move that goes in our direction and then sticking with it. This is a Member Trading Video that reviews those types of trades. It accompanies my more Macro-focused:
Why Fish With Me:
- With a backdrop of Macro (economics, fundamentals, technical, inter-market and sentiment), I work hard to identify the Micro (actionable trade ideas and set ups). My strength is in scanning and synthesizing where money is rotating so you don’t have to. My focus is to help you understand not only what is moving but why and how to safely enter and exit a trade.
- I help you stay focused on how to structure a trade based on your preferred time-frame, risk tolerance, stock/option experience, technical ability and trade management availability. Some can sit in front of their computers from 9:30-11:30 and 2:00-4:00 each day and trade with me. Others want to ‘set it and forget it’. I cater to both types of clients across diverse trading/money management backgrounds.
- A Member Trading Video is a review of my thesis, triggers and trade set ups. It comes with a subscription to both my Weekly Gone Fishin’ Newsletter and my Daily LIVE Trading Room. If more involvement–more active trading–is what you seek, then do not hesitate to check out my LIVE Trading Room where we chase market-moving news events and actively manage new and existing swing and trend positions together.
And now you have even more reason to engage!
I am reducing my LIVE Trading Room fishing fees–across all time frames–for a limited time so those still on the dock can get in the boat and see how profitable Fishing With Me can be!
Member Trade Video Update for Week of August 20 sent August 23!
- IWM swing short $144-134 via Puts: CLOSED
- SPY 147×142 Put spread 2X: CLOSED
- VXX Calls/Call spreads/Short Puts… These get a lot of play ;-): CLOSED but will always have some open.
- BABA Call spread pre EPS 155×165 + post 165×175: CLOSED
- XOM Put spread 79×76: CLOSED
- W $75-65 via Puts: CLOSED
- SIG $62-52 via Puts: CLOSED but will reenter post EPS
- Chases (may turn into swings): USO short; RIG, RRC long
- OPEN Swings Long: M, JCP, COST, UNG, SNAP, TWTR, CBI, X, AA, HTZ, GILD, DISH, XOM, THC, TLT, GDX
- OPEN Swings Short: DPZ, ULTA, SIG, LNG, CMG, TEVA, MYL, RH, AIG, XLF, AMZN
Samantha here: It is now August 31st, a week since this Member Trading Video and note on Open/Closed positions was pushed out, and all but COST (dumped post AMZN dropping WFM prices 43%) and SIG (EPS surprise), and a few Room Chases, have been losers with MYL and XOM not winning but there is still time. And of course, there are many more stocks/currencies/assets discussed in the room as I encourage clients to ask questions. Plus, I am constantly scanning, researching, analyzing high-probability trade set ups.
One thing not touted is the money made or lost. I am passionate about adding value but do not see value in chest-beating the wins or berating myself or another’s loss. Not that kind of room! This is a job–one of personal intensity, accountability, restraint. Trading is not a game of perfect. And we are only ‘as good’ as our last trade so I tend to focus a lot on ‘the next one’ as I have a burning desire to always do better. Next. Next. Next. If you believe, as I do, that if we focus on the process, the results will take care of themselves, join me here.